Warnings have been made all over the country through Federal safety regulations, stating that workers should not clear gas lines indoors due to not only a North Carolina incident involving three deaths that stemmed from a blast in a factory, but several others. The U.S. Chemical Safety Board stated that another blast that came from a Slim Jim snack factory was caused from gas lines that were being worked on that mistakenly were cleared and purged inside the factory. Another recent incident in North Carolina, stemmed from contractors who were installing a water heater in the factory, that vented natural gas into the building causing a blast that injured many individuals. Officials have recommended that workers vent gases to open-air locations and have detectors handy that supervise gas levels.
-Source: Associated Press